April - June 2013 Prayer Guide
At Home in Africa
xxxxxWhile some may ask God to send them anywhere as long as it’s not Africa, Anna Beth Wivell’s comment about her new home in Chad, Africa, is, “. . . there is nowhere else in the world that I would rather be.” She is BI’s latest consultant in training to arrive on the field, and ever since God called her to a translation ministry in Africa, that’s where her sights and her heart have been set.
xxxxxAnna Beth’s studies in Bible, Hebrew, Greek, linguistics, and French have prepared her to be an on-site translation consultant for our Chadian projects. In February, she participated in Sara Kaba Naa and Sara Kaba Dem Old Testament workshops with BI director Hantz Bernard and the other team members. And though she is just getting started, there is no lack of work to keep her busy in the months and years ahead.
xxxxxNot only is Anna Beth thrilled to be in Africa, but she has a message for you, our faithful BI prayer warriors: “Thank you all for your prayers and support that have brought me here.” No longer will you see prayer requests for Anna Beth as she raises support or as she attends language school in France. You have prayed her through those stages, and God has answered in wonderful ways.
xxxxxBe encouraged as you pray for others who are in support-raising mode. God is still sending forth laborers, and your prayers are availing much.
- Pray for Kim Hibbard as she assists translation teams in Myanmar April 1-12.
- Pray for Glenn Kerr, who will be teaching a Hebrew discourse course at the Home for Bible Translators and Scholars in Israel in April and May.
- Pray for Troy Manning as he teaches a basic linguistics course at Maranatha Baptist Bible College in May.
- Pray for Hantz Bernard as he assists the Haitian Creole team in June. Troy Manning is also helping to prepare the NT with Psalms and Proverbs for publication in 2014.
- Pray for Ross and Cathy Hodsdon as they work on the Warao Old Testament in Venezuela in June.
- Pray for Glenn Kerr as he conducts workshops via Skype on the Sango Bible for Central African Republic in June. He also has ongoing Skype workshops with the Luxembourgish NT team.
- Pray that the committee overseeing the Tagalog NT in the Philippines will have wisdom in guiding the project.
- Pray that the committee overseeing the Akha NT in Thailand will have wisdom in guiding the project.
- Pray for Latoungam Rongmei as he helps the Darlong team in India complete their Bible for publication in 2014.
- Pray for Susan Hossack as she helps the Rito team in Chad complete their NT for publication in late 2013.
- Pray for Roger and Norene Russ as they prepare the Dagaare NT in Ghana for publication in 2014.
- Pray for Latoungam Rongmei in his doctoral studies. Many project deadlines are coming up this quarter.
- Pray for Glenn Kerr’s doctoral dissertation committee in their review of his dissertation. They have been very slow in their work.
- Pray for Anna Beth Wivell, who moved to Chad as a full-time missionary/consultant in training in January.
- Pray for BI personnel on deputation: Alex Wheeler, Carla Bieber, Bethany Boston, and Joel and Sarah Wagner.
- Pray for interns Philip Jukkola and Anne Cottle as they work in the Grand Rapids office and in India, and as they seek God’s direction concerning the future.
- Pray for Alex Wheeler who will be commissioned on June 9 and is preparing for full-time ministry in India in the late spring.
- Pray for wisdom and guidance as we seek a more affordable option for housing and an office in Myanmar.
- Pray that God will provide a project manager for BI soon.
- Pray for the volunteers working on the Old Testament portion of the Topical Index.
- Pray for God to send more laborers to fill key support roles at BI. Two retired last year and two more will be retiring this year.
- Pray for BI director Hantz Bernard and the other BI administrators as they seek God’s direction for the organization.
- Pray that in the churches having Bible Day in 2013 people will come away with a greater love for God’s Word.
- Pray for Elaine Schulte as she makes final preparations for the printing of the BI history book.
- Pray for Mary Ann Strain as she coordinates the many projects in the BI Stewardship Department.
- Pray for BI national translators around the world. They face many challenges and yet are faithful to God and His Word.
- Give thanks for the volunteers who stepped forward to help translate materials into French and Spanish.
- Give thanks for the good work that was accomplished on our projects in Chad when Hantz Bernard visited there in February.
- Give thanks for a large donation made to the Hakha NT project in January.
- Give thanks for the many years of service from Gordon Katsion and Gordon and Cindy Wyant, all of whom retired in 2012.
- Give thanks for Bob Thompson’s years of service as BI’s projects manager. He and his wife Deb answered God’s call to another ministry in 2012.